Sunday 20 March 2016

Cynophobia


Hello Sunshine!

Welcome back to my blog on the official beginning of spring!
As you know, I've been to Berlin last week. I prepared a little video for you to share my experience, check it out :)



What did you think about my trip to Berlin? How do you prepare for leaving university? Do you want to do a master? Do you want to work immediately? How do you apply for jobs? What about you people already in the working world? What advices do you have?
 
And now, what am I so extremely afraid of? Dogs! Cynophobia is the fear of dogs. And please don't laugh. It is not just this little sensible fear or caution, it is a phobia so extreme that it really affects my life. I live right next to the river Rhine, but I can't remember the last time I went down to the river bank. For years I voluntarily haven't stepped foot into a park, forest or similar area where you usually happen to see dogs. Before meeting new people for the first time I always ask if they have dogs. I cross the street if I see one. Even if that means crisscrossing over and over again. Once I even jumped in front of a bus, because there was a dog on the pavement running towards me, or rather running in my direction, not necessarily towards me. The threat of a massive moving vehicle seemed smaller to me than the inexplicable threat of the dog. I can't describe why I am so afraid or what I am afraid of. Because it's not as easy as you think, when I panic I don't imagine the dog biting or attacking me, so to all you dog-owners telling me that it's okay, that your dog doesn't do anything and just wants to play, that doesn't help or calm me down, because that is not what I'm afraid of. Just the thought of the dog running towards me is almost unbearable. I am scared of literally all animals. I don't stroke cats or any other pets. But what I feel when I see a dog puts my fear of animals onto a whole new level, it is simply inexplicable. But I am determined to change that.
Does anybody else have a fear so extreme and indescribable as mine? Or does anyone else suffer from cynophobia?

Tomorrow is the start of my finals. I am REALLY nervous about that. We finished lectures on Thursday and now it's just my final exams, my Bachelor Thesis and hopefully job interviews. Wish me luck! By the way, I haven't told you the topic of my thesis yet. I am going to write about England as a tourism destination. My question is going to be "To what extent does the German perception of England reduce it to London, stereotypes and prejudices?". What do you think? For all my German readers, I will post the link to my survey as soon as possible, and you would make me very happy if you could answer it.
Due to my exams and Easter I will upload my next entry in two weeks time. I hope you don't mind. I'll see you all soon! And I'm wishing you Happy Easter and lovely holidays (if you happen to actually get some time off)!

Love you

Jen



 Can you believe it???!!! The first step in the right direction!!!! So overwhelmed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment