Friday 13 January 2017

London (or Moving to England)

For years I knew I would eventually move back to England. After graduating with my Bachelor of Arts in Summer 2016 I was planning and thinking and organising... Would I work or do a Master? Where? I applied in several different cities both for jobs and universities, I got accepted in various places and had to make up my mind. And in September I finally decided to do a one year taught postgraduate degree in Translation and Literature (English - German) in Essex, and the moment I made my decision I instantly knew it was the right choice.





I packed my bags and the last September weekend my Mum and I flew to England. We stayed a couple of days in London before taking the train up to Essex, my new home!

 

















We didn't really do any sightseeing because we've both been to London so many times before. So what did we do?

We went shopping in Westfield, we had a lovely walk around London Bridge, Borough Market, Southwark Cathedral and along the river. We also had a nice walk on the Isle of Dogs, and another through Green Park and St James's Park.














After that we had a well deserved break. We enjoyed the most delicious food and drinks at the Sanderson Hotel where they organised a Mad Hatters Tea Party - how amazing is that???!!










It was delicious!! And it was a lovely time in London. But I was so excited for October 1st, when we took the train up to Essex. I love my new home with all the amazing people I've met!! And I will definitely tell and show you more of it, so hang on ;)


At the beginning of this week I also uploaded a new YouTube video for you, in which I chat to you about my life and goals, about this year and my love for languages. If you like it, you would make me very happy if you give it a thumps-up and subscribe to my channel.



If you want to support me in my 1000miles as fundraising for charity and donate money to Mind-The Mental Health Charity:
JustGiving 1000miles in 2017 Mind The Mental Health Charity

Lots of love
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment