Friday 13 May 2016

Munich, Bavaria, Germany


Grüß Gott!
 
How are you? I am stressed. As you know, I am currently writing my Bachelor Thesis for my Tourism degree. My topic is the German perception of England as a destination, so to all my German readers: please spare 5 minutes and fill out my survey. It would mean a lot to me and help me so much!!! Here's the link:


And now, back to Life as a "tourist". Recently I have been to Munich to visit my boyfriend. We spent a happy time together and I prepared a little vlog to share my experience with you.

I took the train from Cologne down to Munich. It is a 5 to 6 hour journey, the first couple of hours along the river Rhine with all its castles and vineyards, especially in Rhineland-Palatinate. When I arrived in Munich my boyfriend picked me up in a DriveNow convertibale car with a bouquet of flowers for me. So romantic! Unfortunately I was a little bit sick, so we didn't really do much. We went to a tiny old cinema to watch the jungle book original version all by ourselves. The night of the 30th of April is called Walpurgisnacht in Germany, and where I come from you usually "dance into the May". Apparently that is not the case in Munich, so Marc and I just went to a nice restaurant "Banyam" and the next day I surprised him with a May heart. If you want to know more about the May heart watch the video. And if you are interested in more information about Walpurgisnacht (a history full of witches and myths), dancing into the May, May hearts and trees, May festivals and German traditions in general, please tell me! I would be happy to write another blog post about it.
While I was down there in Munich, Marc and I tried some recipes, enjoyed the weather eating and reading outside, and of course went sightseeing. We went to the botanical gardens and a castle called Schloss Nymphenburg, through the city to Theresienwiese (where Oktoberfest takes place), on top of a church, eating typical Bavarian food on Viktualienmarkt, and more. For further sightseeing info I am going to upload a post with destinations in Germany soon, including a short description and tips. So if you know any secret spots and insider tips, or have a certain destination in mind that you want to travel to, please tell me. Thank you!

See you next week!!

Love you

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment