Friday 3 February 2017

Cambridge

Autumn last year my friend and I went on an excursion with the Catholic Community of our university. Together with other parishes from South-East England we met up in Cambridge to go to mass together, learn about Cambridge's history and do a bit of sightseeing.
 







I really liked that beautiful old town with all its historic buildings and monuments, I definitely wanna go there again. And I must say I enjoyed Cambridge a lot more than Oxford. It just had this mesmerising charme. We walked around the town for about two hours and got shown all the different colleges and churches. I heard of punting for the first time. It's a bit like those gondulas in Venice. My friend and I obviously had to try that out!!! We were in a boat together with a family for about one hour. I was so scared at the beginning, you wouldn't believe it! And I don't even know why I was so scared, I swim very well and the water wasn't deep anyways. But I guess it's just that loss of control :D If you ever go to Cambridge you should definitely do that, it is so lovely, especially in the summer I imagine.

We ended the lovely day with some mulled wine in a cosy pub. I really hope to go on more excursions like that. I wanna see Canterbury and Bath... Any recommendations where else I should go?

Also, I am really busy making my holiday plans for this year!! So far I know my Dad is coming to visit me at the end of March. I am flying home to Cologne at the end of April and from there my Mum and I are driving to Paris to spend my 23rd birthday in Disneyland!! I am so thrilled!! I also plan to meet up with my friend from boarding school and I might go on holidays with my best friend this year. Let's see, shall we? I am really excited for this year and all the trips and experiences it holds for me!


If you want to support me in my 1000miles as fundraising for charity and donate money to Mind-The Mental Health Charity:
Donate for MIND - The Mental Health Charity 

Have you seen my latest YouTube video?
It's my monthly gratitude project: 
 


Love
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment