Friday 24 March 2017

Mind - The Mental Health Charity

I have walked over 150 miles so far and I am well proud of it. Yes, I said it out loud. I am proud of myself for doing this and I won't stop sharing my progress and announcing my fundraising over and over again. Because it is important! MENTAL HEALTH is a really important topic that needs to be addressed. And my way of doing it is fundraising for MIND - The Mental Health Charity.

Mind is a charity that offers support to those who struggle with life. They have a helpline you can call when you just desperately need to talk to someone because you might have some really bad ideas in your head. 1 in 4 people suffer from a mental health problem. This means all of us are affected or know someone who is. Depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, and other mental health problems are not rare or weird or fake. They are as real and serious as any physical health problem. More and more men take their life because they feel they can't talk to anybody about how they feel. Common phrases like

"Just get over it"
"It's just a mood swing"
"Just try and be happy"
"At least you're not actually ill"

and so on really don't help. If a person has a mental health problem they can't just get over it, it is not just a mood thing, they cannot simply try and be happy, they are seriously ill. Mental Health is REAL. We need to stop the stigma against mental health. Which is exactly what Mind is trying to do.










Mind has also created a safe place for people to talk to others who feel the same. Elefriends is a virtual online community where you can talk about your feelings anonymously, give each other support and receive help from professionals. It works a bit like a big online group therapy. I think Mind and Elefriends are doing such a good job; I just wanna support them, help them to grow bigger, to reach more and more people, so that nobody has to go through this alone. Together we can do this!
I am walking 1000 miles over the course of this year and you can support me and donate money to Mind - The Mental Heath Charity.
Even the smallest donation can save a life!
Click here to learn more about my project.

 The next five people donating 8£ or more will get one of five different Elefriends badges!





Together we could save so many lives!! I appreciate every donation and every gesture. If you could share this with as many people as possible I would be so grateful. This cause means the world to me.






I also created a YouTube video about this, watch it here:




Thank you so much,
see you next week!
Lots of love
Jen
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment