Friday 21 April 2017

Living in Essex - Second Term

The second term here in Essex has passed so quickly. I did so much that I just didn't see how time flew. I started the term with some partying with my friends, as well as a 6 week Mindfulness seminar, to balance it out :D


SO MUCH FUN!!!
But of course I soon had to focus and work a lot for my modules. This term I learnt an awful lot about Film Production and was the producer of our very own short film. It is unbelievable how much time and effort went into that project, but I enjoyed it a lot and definitely felt like I grew with it.

I enjoyed this term a lot! Producing a film, learning how to calm down and live life mindfully, choosing a topic for my dissertation, watching several good movies for my adaptation module and getting an extra excuse to watch even more NCIS for my coursework, joining all the Writing Society workshops, playing Badminton, Squash AND Tennis, spending time with friends, and of course walking, walking, walking....


The term started quite cold with some snow and a lot of rain and wind. We even had a proper storm. But that's over and spring has come. What a perfect start to the Easter holidays! Over the past couple of weeks I had a lot of visitors here. My Dad came to see me, we did some excursions and went to London to see Aladdin the musical. My roommate back from Boarding School came here for a couple of days, which was really lovely. And last but not least one of my hotel guests from Lanzarote (and now a friend) visited me. What a lovely time!! And now whilst you are reading this, I am on my way to Germany. I will stay a couple of days at home and then my Mum and I are driving down to Disneyland Paris. EXCITED!!!

How will the next term be? Unfortunately my Russian course has ended, but I will try my best to keep working on it from home. Of course I will continue excersing, walking my 1000 miles for charity, meeting up with the societies and spending time with my friends, playing games like Phase 10 :) Oh and yeah, I will be busy writing my dissertation. For that, I chose to translate a popular blog from English into German, so I actually think this will be quite enjoyable.



What will I do after this? Where will I go? What will life bring for me? Who knows? I'll keep you updated!
And meanwhile: Thank you for such a lovely term!




If you want to support me in my 1000miles as fundraising for charity and donate money to Mind-The Mental Health Charity:
I am grateful for every single one of you!


Have you seen my latest YouTube video?
Weekend Vlog - London, Aladdin, Seaside


See you next week
Lots of love
Jen
xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment