Monday 28 December 2015

...and a happy new year!



How was Christmas for everybody? Did you all get amazing presents? I got a new camera - Sony Cybershot DSC WX500 - as well as tickets to Tchaikovsky's ballet The Nutcracker, to Disney in concert and some books.

My boyfriend Marc and I at "The Nutcracker"
I flew home from Spain to spend Christmas with my family. At the moment I am in Munich with my boyfriend, who is currently living and working there, where we will also spend New Year's Eve. We will spend the night at "The Big Easy", a New Orleans style restaurant. I am not really into going out and partying for New Year's. I personally prefer a relaxed night at home, having a good dinner, watching the famous German "Dinner for one" and of course the fireworks at midnight. And happily starting a new year. In which everything will be better, I will be putting more effort into studying, I will do more sports and of course eat healthier. Sounds familiar to you? Well, then let's have a look at how to plan.


Step 1:

Buy a pretty little notebook, this year you're going to have a kind of diary. You don't have to write in it on a daily basis and you don't have to put down all your feelings, thoughts, crushes, etc. Which of course, feel free, if you want to. This book is rather a mixture between a diary and a calendar. You're going to make lists of achievements, disappointments, plans, and so on. At the end of this year, you will either have achieved what you wanted (or at least taken a step in the right direction) or be disappointed with yourself, in which case you can take a look at the notebook and check what went wrong. Also, it can be nice to look at all those memories and photos.
 

                      

 
















This is the one I made for this year (2015)





Step 2:

Start with a New Year's Resolution List. What do you want to achieve in 2016? What kind of person do you want to become? What are you dreaming of? This can be a really rough list. This is mine:

·         Finish my Bachelor
·         Get a job or internship
·         Move house
·         Live healthy

As I said, it's really rough and short.



Step 3: 

For every single month make a more detailed list. A realistic one, that you actually have a chance to achieve. Again, have a look at mine for January 2016:

·         Be prepared for all exams
·         Do sit-ups and yoga every day
·         Go swimming three times a week
·         Eat salad + vegetables + a piece of fruit every single day
·         Start searching for jobs after my Bachelor



Step 4: 

At the end of each month you tick the ones you achieved and copy the remaining ones onto the next month's list. In between you can write down if you're really proud or happy about achievements, describe your disappointments, analyse what went wrong or reminisce.


Are you ready for the new year? What are your resolutions? I will be spending the next couple of days in Munich, because, you know, I'm a tourist. On the 23rd I flew from Jerez de la Frontera via Palma de Mallorca to Cologne, to spend Christmas with my family. Then my boyfriend and I drove all day down to Munich, Bavaria. And next week I will be flying from Munich via Madrid back to Jerez de la Frontera. I don't know, travelling just feels normal for me. It's the wanderlust. I've been a tourist all my life. Germany just wasn't enough for me. That's why I moved to England. And I will tell you all about it in my next entry.

See you next year ;)
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment